Christmas time is coming very soon in a few days time. Have you even thought of what to prepare for the Christmas feast? Hmmm – Let Panasonic Cooking – give you some wonderful ideas of what you can prepare for Christmas feast.
Thank you Omy.sg and Panasonic Singapore for the invitation for this Christmas cooking workshop.
Mdm Theresa Wong (above) has a lot of cooking experience and she taught a lot of tips on how to manage cooking dishes while using Panasonic applicances.
Recipe: Glutinous Rice with Chinese Sausage and Mushroom (credit to Panasonic Singapore)
Add some oil to fry the scallops using Panasonic Microwave Oven – End product and add to the glutinous rice for the crispy taste.
300g white glutinous rice
40g dried prawns
3 dried mushrooms (soaked, shredded)
1 Chinese sausage (sliced, microwave for 30secs)
3 shallots (sliced)
1 knob ginger (sliced)
1 stalk Chinese parsley (cut)
2 tbsp oil Sauce
1 tsp pepper
½ tsp sugar
¾ tsp salt
1 tsp light soya sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
½ tsp dark soya sauce
1 tbsp shallot
1. Soaked glutinous rice with 2 cups water for 2-3 hrs.
2. Cook shallot with 2 tbsp oil on High power in a microwave oven for about 3 mins, till golden brown, uncovered. (Stir-in-between)
3. Cook dried prawns on High power for 1 min, next add 1 tbsp shallot oil and cook for another 1-1½ mins, uncovered (using microwave oven to cook)
4. Cook glutinous rice, Chinese sausage, mushroom, dried prawns, ginger, sauce and some golden brown shallot together with water, set to delicious mode, next press start. ( stir-in-between cooking time)
5. When ready, stir in Chinese parsley and golden brown shallot.
Note: Best cook in Panasonic rice cooker SR-HB-184 (shown below)
Recipe: Black Pepper Roasted Chicken with Stuffing (credit to Panasonic Singapore)
Hmmm…. Buying a Turkey is too expensive and a hassle to prepare it. Well you can consider Roasted Chicken instead. Cheaper and value for money.
The Chicken has to be marinated 1 day before roasting. This is to ensure great taste for the chicken.
1.4 kg chicken
1 ¾ tsp salt
1½ tbsp black pepper
½ tsp sugar
1 tsp dark soya sauce
1 tsp light soya sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp ginger juice (need to grate the ginger slices to get the ginger juice)
Honey (use for glazing)
Some oil and sesame oil for brushing
1. Wash chicken, pierce skin, pat dry with kitchen towel.
2. Seasoned chicken with above ingredients for at least 2 hrs. or overnight.
3. Stuff chicken with cooked glutinous rice (you can use the recipe for the glutinous rice and used it as the stuffing). Use toothpicks to seal the area to prevent the stuffing from coming out.
4. Brushed chicken with oil, place on rack so as to allow the underside to brown, set to roast chicken pad, next key in weight of chicken, next press start pad. (Turn over at ½ time)
5. When ready, glaze with honey.
Note: Best roasted in Panasonic microwave steam oven.
Recipe: STEAMED CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE (credit to Panasonic Singapore and Diana Gale)
I never heard people used steam from an oven for making a chocolate cake. This sounded interesting. This Recipe inspired by Diana Gale (http://thedomesticgoddesswannabe.com/), winner of Singapore Blog Awards Best Cooking Blog 2014 and 2015
180g butter (room temperature)
180g castor sugar
200g full cream evaporated milk
2 eggs (beaten with fork)
100g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp vanillin (Vanilla powder)
2 tbsp rum (optional)
8” round removable cake tin lined with baking paper (or springform cake tin)
For the ganache:
200g semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Place butter, sugar and milk in a casserole, cook on medium power for 5 mins, stir-in-between. Stir and leave to cool for about 10-13 mins.
2. Add beaten eggs and rum into the butter mixture.
3. Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and vanillin into a large mixing bowl.
4. Pour butter mixture into the dry ingredients.
5. Stir until the mixture is well mixed.
6. Pour mixture into a lined baking tin.
7. Lift the baking tin about 10cm off the table top and drop it onto the table top to remove the larger bubbles. Repeat twice more.
8. Set to steam mode # 2 for 55 mins or until an inserted skewer emerges cleanly.
9. Cool cake completely in the baking tin before removing.
10. To make the chocolate ganache, heat milk in a medium casserole on high power for 50 secs. (Heat in microwave oven)
11. Stir in chocolate chips, cook on high power 2 ½ mins., stir-in-between.
12. Stir chocolate mixture till smooth and well mix, pour over cake and spread with spatula to cover the whole cake.
13. Chill the cake before serving.
Note: Best steamed in Panasonic steamed microwave oven NN-CS894
Have to set the timer twice as the programme only allows steaming cake up to 30minutes and add water to allow Panansonic oven to provide the steam for the cake.
After 55 minutes of steaming. Time to cool down and prepare for the chocolate coating for the steam cake.
Panasonic Microwave oven (shown below) is used for melting of chocolate chips for the coating.
Then use the molten chocolate to coat the cake.
Add some nuts for decoration. And it’s ready for eating…
Recipe: Cinnamon Bun
Making the dough using Panasonic Bread maker
You Can add yeast at its separate compartment.
Kneeling process with Panasonic Breadmaker (with the blade for kneeling)
Remove the blade from the bread maker and then Kneeling the dough before adding the ingredients
Adding cinnamon powder, banana slices and chocolate chips on the dough. Before rolling the dough up and cut into 4 pieces before resuming the baking of cinnamon bun.
Time to cut and eat. I could take the crust and the cinnamon powder on the bun.
You can add chocolate chips and banana or other suitable ingredients to make it more attractive.
Recipe: Sesame Paste Dressing
Will need Panasonic Blender to do the job. Add Apple cider and cold water and mix well.
Easy to do right? I could taste the roasted sesame from the dressing.
I am being introduced to Panasonic Veggie Life during the cooking workshop.
Here’s the introduction of Panasonic Veggie Life commercial featuring Left Profile Artiste – Pornsak.
Veggie Life products are freshly grown and packed in Panasonic Singapore Factory. Veggie Life has to be consumed within a week. If you do not intend to eat it immediately, it is better to store it in the refrigerator.
There are 3 different types of Veggie Life Products – namely Nourish Mix, Anti-Oxidant Mix and Vibrant Mix.
I got to sample 3 different types of Veggie Life mixed with sesame paste dressing.
Vibrant mix is one of my favourite.
It is Time to get my hands busy and dirty for my Christmas feast preparation with these wonderful tips. Time management is very important as we do not wish to waste so much time (more than 6 hours) to cook a few dishes. I even spent 1 hour cooking jelly for Christmas despite it is one of the more simpler dishes.
To everybody: Merry Christmas and a Happy new year